World Travel Market, the leading global event for the travel industry. It attracts the world’s leading industry executives who negotiate contracts and discover the latest research, insight and opinion. Tourism destinations from around the world showcase a diverse range of accommodation options, breathtaking tourism attractions, travel technology and key airline routes. With more than 51,000 trade professionals from 176 countries, WTM generates an estimated £2.5 billion in business deals.
- 51,492 travel industry professionals representing 186 countries attended WTM 2014
- 4,914 exhibiting companies showcase global destinations, DMCs, hotels, cruise, airlines, travel wholesalers, travel technology
- 9,125 WTM Buyers’ Club attendees
- 2,841 press attendees
- 300,000 new business connections are facilitated at WTM
- £2.5 billion worth of business is generated as a result of WTM
- A Taste of ILTM at WTM - a dedicated Luxury session matching high quality buyers to sellers
- The Travel Tech Show @WTM - the largest technology Show within the UK
- WTM Speed Networking sessions – the largest in the world of its kind, bringing together 300 buyers and 1,400 exhibitors based on purchasing recruitments
- The UNWTO Minister's Summit at WTM is held on the Tuesday of WTM
- WTM World Responsible Tourism Day, supported by the UNWTO and BBC World News, takes place during the event (Wednesday)
- Global partners; WTM works with 50 national and international Media Partners and 102 trade associations
- More than 100 seminars, conferences and event programmes, offering insight, education, debate and discussion.